Today, I am joined by Dr. Ela Cadilo, who is a pediatric anesthesiologist that I met in the endoscopy suite while I was on the locums’ road. She is an amazing worldwide traveler and has been to many remarkable places. She recently took a 5 day trip to Jordan with her father and is here to tell us all about her magnificent journey.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- Why she chose to go to Jordan and what time of year she went.
- Tip: There are many direct flights to Jordan on Emirates and Royal Jordanian.
- Safety and Hospitality are amazing in Jordan and most people spoke English.
- They used Alexander and Roberts Tours to guide them along the way.
- How you can rent a car and do this journey by yourself easily as well.
- Amman, the capital of Jordan, was the start and end of their journey.
- They stayed at the W Amman and truly enjoyed the hotel and the food.
- Visiting Jerash, one of the best examples of Roman Ruins outside of Italy.
- They also visited Ajloun Castle just outside of Amman as well.
- All of the amazing pastries and foods they tried along the way including the Jordanian National Dish, Mansaf.
- Spending two days in Petra and what they did there.
- Petra at night by candlelight with music inside of the treasury.
- Petra is so large and has so many different areas to explore.
- Tip: What to bring along with you for the Petra experience.
- Check out the book: Married to a Bedouin written by a woman Ela met while she was there.
- Glamping in Wadi Rum in the middle of the desert underneath the stars.
- They stayed at: Discovery Bedu in Wadi Rum.
- How there was no wifi at their camp in Wadi Rum.
- Traveling with her parents around the world.
LEAVE ME A MESSAGE
Want to be considered for a future episode of the Hippocratic Holiday? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, where you traveled to, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at www.speakpipe.com/HippocraticHoliday